Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Pressing Matters V Coming to an End



Time to say goodbye to Pressing Matters V: The Prinmaker's Group Show at the San Geronimo Valley Commnity Center. This year's exhibit is probably my favorite thus far. Here are just a few more parting shots from the show.


Gabriele Schwibach with her three color etchings from the show.


Katya McCulloch's impressive "Songbirds of Iraq" multi color reduction block--an extremely complex print.


Sirima Sataman's "Somewhere on Swanton Road" - a very large and nicely executed  block print.



Two figurative pieces, "Torso I" and "Torso II",  by Barbara Morris--both monotypes.  


Geoff Bernstein's  "Pictograph I" . Geoff had rubber stamps made of his drawings for his multi media print series.


Diane Cokely's mysterious etching "December Planet". 


"Deer Isle, Haystack" a lithograph by Jack Kamesar .


I also included my "A Mazed Minotaur Pt. 2"  two-color linocut in the show.

And my "Homesick James on Brown Paper Bag" block print




Another Zoltron silkscreen, "Yolandi Visser", this one printed on a piece of birch wood.

This sampling is still incomplete. I don’t have examples available of the other fine works by Bea Benjamin, Fred Lee Berensmeier, Geoff Bernstein, Martha Cederstrom, Diane Cokely, Dave Hunter, Katya McCulloch, Sirima Sataman or Xander Weaver-Scull.  Thanks to everyone in the show.


Special thanks to Molly for hanging the show with me.

(Check out the previous post for more prints from Pressing Matters).

No comments:

Post a Comment