Saturday, December 9, 2017

My Print: Banjo at Armageddon

The last two posts feature highlights from Pressing Matters VIII: Printmakers Group Show held at the San Geronimo Valley Community Center.  I made a new piece for the show titled Banjo at Armageddon. Here's a visual record of the making of the print.


First  I did a  sketchbook drawing


and reversed it....


                         I transferred this with carbon paper to a block.


                          I often re ink the image on the block.


           Next I used block printing carving tools and begin slowly cutting...


A closer look...





                             A completed block


Finished block compared to original sketchbook drawing


The on to printing. I inked the block and printed it by hand.

In this case, I decided to add a gray wash by hand.


This is the piece I put in the show.


No comments:

Post a Comment