Saturday, April 18, 2020

See No Evil - One More Time

These things happen.

In the realm of gag-making, cartoonists wind-up duplicating cartoons overtime usually without ever seeing the cartoon-cousins.

I was amused to see the recent Bizarro cartoon by Dan Piraro which echoes a cartoon I did for the infamous Berkeley Barb a few decades ago when the CIA was raising a ruckus.



My cartoon was essentially an editorial cartoon, Piraro’s is more of a general social commentary (And beautifully executed).


There have been countless cartoon variations on the Three Wise Monkeys or Three Mystic Apes (aka "See No Evil, Hear No Evil Speak No Evil") but this is the first one that I have see that is similar to my old cartoon.

Again, this happens--and without any intent of “appropriation". Dan Piraro undoubtedly never saw my version.


No comments:

Post a Comment