Monday, September 2, 2013

Travel sketches






Earlier this summer Molly and I went on a trip to Turkey and Greece.



I didn't do much drawing but I did carry a very small sketch pad in my pocket.




Usually I drew while waiting at the airports, in line, waiting for food -and usually attempting to go undetected of course.  Most of these were quick sketches - done in a few seconds.



Molly suggested I post a few sketches here.

So...



Drawn with the sketch pad under the table











Airports are great places to sketch because everybody sits still for extended periods of time. Most of theses drawings were done with Faber Castell PITT artist pens including a gray and black "brush" nibs.







Sketches of Crete








Quick incomplete sketch of Molly



Molly's sketch of me (And I believe the only sketch she did on the entire trip).






Istanbul

Crete

No comments:

Post a Comment